View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help with Ameda pump and increasing supply

Check all the parts. For me, it was almost always that little white rubbery thingee that needed replacing when I wasn't getting good suction. Otherwise, re-connect and check that all the parts are dry and correctly put together.

I'm sure a true expert will chime in on this. Fenugreek and Blessed Thistle work well in conjunction with each other. They had both at my regular grocery store with the vitamins. Make sure to take care of yourself - fluids, food, rest (as much as possible, anyway!) Supposedly, beer doesn't hurt - I think it worked for me. I also took Reglan, a prescription which your midwife or OB will prescribe - and I think that helped. It is not for long term use (I think it is usually something like a two week course) and some people experience depression-like side effects. The earlier you take it, the better it will work. In Canada and Europe, they use Domperidone to increase supply - I ordered some online at a desperate moment but never ended up needing to take it.

It certainly was and felt like an uphill battle to get my supply up while supplementing a smidge after a rocky start. (For me, it just kind of felt like my supply never came in with full force). But we made it to exclusively breast fed - good luck! Do you have a La Leche League or lactation consultant available to you?
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote