View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
lat61
Registered Users

trouble tighening harness tension

We just moved our LO from an infant seat to a convertible -- a Radian in my car and a TrueFit in the hub's car. Today is the first day that LO has traveled in the seats, and both of us had trouble using them. I had some trouble adjusting the harness tension on the Radian this morning, but eventually got it sufficiently snug. I felt like I had to pull really hard to get it reasonably snug. The hubs called from the daycare pick up and was super frustrated because the straps wouldn't tightened evenly. He was pulling as hard as possible, and only one strap seemed to tighten.

I don't remember having this issue with the infant seat. It seems strange that we are both having this issue with two different car seats. Is this just because its a new seat and the tension adjuster needs to be broken in? On the TrueFit, is there a way to ensure both sides are tightening at the same rate? We have checked to make sure the straps are adjusted to the same length total and that they were loosened the same amount before tightening. Is there a mechanism on either seat that prevents tightening any more when it gets to a certain point? It doesn't seem like it should be this difficult, so what are we doing wrong?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
lat61 is offline   Reply With Quote