View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help with Ameda pump and increasing supply

Sorry, I didn't see you'd posted a reply!!

What did the doctor say? And yes, they can have reflux issues from the beginning in that respect. It can be hard to say, my first puked non-stop, seemed like more than being fed very often, moving her, laying her and just about anything else resulted in vomiting.... and she grew like crazy! My second has had less vomiting and much more trouble with reflux, could lay her down for quiet awhile after, she was better in the swing, as it was clearly causing pain and some vomiting (mostly you could see it coming up before going back down...)

Glad they sent a new pump - is it any better?

I didn't realize you were talking about exclusive pumping, you might consider renting a hospital grade one for a few days if you're exclusively pumping this early on and want to get him back to breastmilk only. It cost a bit, but formula costs a lot more for a lot longer!

How much does baby weight? I think I mentioned on the other thread, but 8lbs would be 50 mL every two hours, so 1 1/2 oz is about 45 mL, so that's about right, if it is every two hours around the clock.

One thing, is the vomiting more running out or is it projectile vomiting?

How much of what he is getting is breastmilk versus formula?
What supplements are you taking now?

Hang in there! The first while is tough at the best of times and you're on a bumpier road that you'd like, I'm sure! My little one it was an intake issue on her end in terms of the ability for whatever reason, but we finally managed to get her all on the breast after weeks of having to do top-ups with the bottles of my milk after every feed.

It is exhausting, it sucks to be feeding and pumping around the clock! If you have a support network, now is the time to USE THEM! Many times we have people who would love to help but want to know what to do. Please, ask them! If you're up around the clock, every two hours feeding, pumping, trying to get baby back on the breast, etc, your entire life becomes feeding baby If someone wants to visit and bring food, run a load of laundry, etc, go for it!