View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lennon Maxine's Birth Story (2 hour labor/waterbirth/rare placenta abnormality)

First off CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, I have CHILLS! My last baby, I was diagnosed with Vasa Previa at my 20 week anatomy scan. They noticed that I had a bi-lobed placenta and that it was low lying, so they did a vaginal ultrasound with the color doppler. That is when they found it. I had monthly ultrasounds the rest of my pregnancy and it never moved. I was put on pelvic rest and told that I would have to have a c-section in order for my baby to survive. I was very sad to not have a vaginal delivery, but I knew it was necessary. They took him at 36 weeks. He was in the NICU for 6 days. They showed me the placenta and cord while they were stitching me up. It was amazing. I was the talk of the maternity ward the whole time I was there. They had never seen one at the hospital be diagnosed in pregnancy. They HAD seen a few, but they were undiagnosed and it was too late by the time they found it. I am so thankful for that color doppler! I know it saved my baby's life as I have always had AROM in my labors. Our babies truly are miracles to this devastating condition!!!