View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I Wrote a letter to the hospital administration

I agree with Jennifer. I admire her willingness to be completely honest since I only mentioned one small thing even though I agree with her entire post.

I totally agree with finding an OB first. In fact, I would suggest finding one and then trying to get him/her to agree to writing a small letter stating that you are in fact a good candidate in their medical opinion and then attaching that to the letter you send.

The "all things considered" comment also had me wondering what you didn't like. I imagine you simply mean, in a hospital, but whoever else reads this isn't going to assume that.

Your quote should look be something like I have below. (ETA - Well, that's annoying. I took the time to try and figure out how to make it look indented, but when I posted it doesn't. So, the entire quote should be indented.)

I have reviewed all the medical literature. The ACOG’s revised guidelines state:

“Women and their physicians may still make a plan for a TOLAC (trial of labor after cesarean) in situations where there may not be "immediately available" staff to handle emergencies, but it requires a thorough discussion of the local health care system, the available resources, and the potential for incremental risk,"

Based on my research, I have decided (I'd say "I believe") a VBAC is a safer choice for me than scheduling a repeat c-section.

You need to include more info about the specifics risks and such. The CEO is not going to know them. You need to lay it out.

I echo Jennifer also that I'm not trying to criticize at all. We just want you to have the best chance possible. I really hope that you are able to get the birth that you want at the hospital you want.

Good luck!!

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 04-22-2012 at 08:51 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote