View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
hippiekangaroo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone who lives in Charlotte, NC- neighborhood advice?

Msuk2girl, not sure if you're still looking for CLT info, but wanted to throw out my input. I lived in Charlotte for 5 years and just left 2 years ago for DH's job. I thought it was a good city (as far as cities go, since I'm more of a mountain girl). We actually lived in SE Charlotte about 20 minutes from the link you posted.

As far as neighborhoods go, I would recommend Matthews, Mint Hill, or Indian Trail (it's actually over the border in SC I think). The are all pretty much a straight shot up Independence (74) to the job so it's convenient. The only thing is there are quite a few lights on Independence. We owned a house in Matthews and my husband worked in Charlotte East at the YMCA. There's a lot of gentrification going on in that area, so you could have nice areas 5 minutes away from some scarier areas. I also knew some folks who lived SE of NoDa/Plaza Midwood (in one of the nicer sections).

Anyways, I know quite about bit about that area so if you have any other questions feel free to PM me!
hippiekangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote