View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone who lives in Charlotte, NC- neighborhood advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiekangaroo View Post
Msuk2girl, not sure if you're still looking for CLT info, but wanted to throw out my input. I lived in Charlotte for 5 years and just left 2 years ago for DH's job. I thought it was a good city (as far as cities go, since I'm more of a mountain girl). We actually lived in SE Charlotte about 20 minutes from the link you posted.

As far as neighborhoods go, I would recommend Matthews, Mint Hill, or Indian Trail (it's actually over the border in SC I think). The are all pretty much a straight shot up Independence (74) to the job so it's convenient. The only thing is there are quite a few lights on Independence. We owned a house in Matthews and my husband worked in Charlotte East at the YMCA. There's a lot of gentrification going on in that area, so you could have nice areas 5 minutes away from some scarier areas. I also knew some folks who lived SE of NoDa/Plaza Midwood (in one of the nicer sections).

Anyways, I know quite about bit about that area so if you have any other questions feel free to PM me!
Thanks!! We actually just returned from our house hunting trip and chose a home in Matthews