View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
B's Mommy's Avatar
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,472
My Mood:
Re: I Wrote a letter to the hospital administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Would it be easier for you to just do the above scenario?
I wouldn't feel right doing that to the doctor though - he could get into a lot of trouble, and I just wouldn't be able to lie about agreeing to a c-section then blowing it off and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247mom View Post
You sound really disappointed in feeling forced to have a c/s at your local hospital. This may be totally not what you want to do, but I looked into the home birth laws for Missouri, and Licensed Midwives (CPMs) legally practice in your state, from what I quickly saw, it appears VBACS are allowed in the home setting in your state, would you consider looking into having a home birth? I have known many women who have avoided repeat c/s and many of the risks of VBACs (esp. those connected with induction) by having home births. It is a personal decision that must be carefully weighed, but I just thought I would make the suggestion.
This may be a good place to try to locate a qualified midwife, skilled in attending VBACs http://www.friendsofmomidwives.org/
Either way, I hope you can come up with something that works for you, sorry this is so distressing to you, I know I would feel the same way if I felt forced to do something I didn't feel was safe
Please KUP on what you decide and how everything goes!!
I did look into homebirth - it was going to be my first option, but money-wise we just can't do it. And unassisted is not even in the question in the husband department.


I was able to get in with the VBAC-friendsly OB because he's the partner of the horrible OB I had last time...I still don't know what I'm going to do...I might just send the letters revising as much as I can while still keeping it semi-short and to the point, then if/when they say no, I'll get the media involved....even if it doesn't work, it's worth a shot...if I end up in Springfield, it's going to be a fight from the moment I get to the hospital...so who knows what I'll do at that point. I wish I could just ignore the problem and it could go away...I really don't want to fight so hard for this when it should be a basic right.
__________________
[B]
Wife to my best friend & Mommy to three beautiful girls, two with us, and one in heaven.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote