View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #201
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9 View Post
I bet you are right about the minerals. Those can't be removed as far as my research has shown. I know calgon is #1 for preventing calcium. It can't remove it though. The dawn can't hurt. I'd say you are going to lave less of a calcium issue with the softner now. It's really hard switching from hard to soft water. ALL of our stash was 100% repelling from detergent buildup after 6 yrs experience. I had no clue the water was that soft here. I'd say perhaps start with line one and see how many suds are in the main wash. You don't want too many, but sure not too few. It's a a real pain finding that happy medium with detergent and a new water type or even a new machine. I had a heck of a time. Like being new all over again. Be sure to check each rinse for excess suds as well.

GL!!!
That's crappy about the calcium....I'll give it a shot and see what happens. If the BG's don't make it I won't be heart broken as I got them used and we've gotten a ton of use out of them....I'll let you know what happens with the strip! Thanks again!