View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #206
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

I would try the strip and bleach, then make the detergent switch. The TL'er could be a good idea as it has more water. It sounds like natural detergents just don't work well for you and a main-stream one could really help keep the ickies away. If the odor starts to come back, you may want to consider more detergent and working bleach into the routine. Once a week/month, whatever you are comfy with. Also HOT helps, so does a good prewash so they arn't washing in icky water. Keep an eye on the main wash and rinses to make sure it's not too much detergent. I now have soft water and it's nice, but can be a pain when it comes to washing. gor putting up with haveing this much trouble for so long. Barn yard smell is usually not enough detergent/not getting clean diapers. Fishey and odd odors is normally bacteria. And you can tell amonia a mile away and none of these are normal or something you have to put up with.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote