View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #208
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For the momas with buildup/stink/ammonia/new 2 CD momas/or washing trouble.

Gain is a great detergent. It's an awsome smell and have some great strength too it. It will still have the strong fragerance, but should mellow out some in the dryer. Also make sure the diapers are really dry before putting away. How much detergent are you useing? You have a prefect wash routine? It really smelled while stripping? That's just wild! Deff soak those suckers. When you bleach today, use the max amnt you are comfy with and be sure it's the original with the 6% for disinfection. I would really recomend doing that twice. it should give you a clean slate. I'm glad you soaked them, that's key. You really only wanna bother with it once! I believe it easier and more effective to do the tub method compared to the washer, not to mention safer for the machine. You can also add more dawn! And controll the washing too.
Now to figure out how much detergent is perfect for you. It seriously sounds like it wasn't enough or just not a good detergent for you. I hope it's as easy as a switch. Remember to check the main wash and rinses for a while. Find the happy medium of suds.

GL!
Keep us updated!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote