View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:
am I the only parent that doesn't care if their kid(s) goes to college?

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who cares less if their kids went to college. I guess I feel this way because I have a cousin who has a masters but can't find a job. And when I was a pharm tech at Walgreens my pharmacy manager was in thousands of thousands of dollars in debt. Another pharmacist I worked with lived in a trailer because he was so far in debt from school. My husband is a high school drop out and I feel like he provides pretty well for us. We aren't rich but we are happy with what we have. I mean, if my kids decided they wanted to go to college I would support them but with the cost of tuition now a days I would just hate for them to be in so much debt. The only thing I wish for my kids is to be happy with their life. But I also see people pushing their kids through school to get into a good college but then I always read in newspapers and stuff that more then ever college graduates can't even find jobs or get jobs that they are way over qualified for. I dunno, I guess I was just wondering if I'm the only one that feels this way