Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #192
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Mama's I will try to get back into the swing of keeping up to date here, but I admit, it is HARD.

I am trying to keep Luke (my 2 1/2 year old) socialized because he gets to be a bully if we go too long without playdates.

I've made good friends with @Hilaryisinked here on DS and her daughters Aubrey & Delaney are the same ages (within months) of my 2.

I've also made friends with @Revolekim and her two boys, who are a little bit older & a little bit younger than Luke. She had another friend, who I don't know her DS screen-name, but she's here too, and she has a boy a bit younger than Luke as well.

So, between the 4 of us we have 7 kids & we get together about 1-2 times a week as a group & then randomly in smaller groups.

I'm also doing MOPS and trying to go to church at least 1-2 times a month.

Add in that DH is in school, has 12+ hours of homework a week and works 40+ hours with a 1.5 hour commute EACH WAY and I'm a busy mama.

Vinnie is highly allergic to corn. I am weaning myself from high fructose corn syrup & all other corn products (its in EVERYTHING, since it is used in preservatives!) and it is hard.

He can eat sweet potatoes and so far that is the only safe food. He might be able to eat carrots, but he was exposed to corn products the same day that he had carrots, so we aren't sure what he is reacting to right now.

His reactions are miserable.

I have to keep him dressed in wool, from head to toe and covered at all times. Any dander, dirt, pollen, or anything causes him to break out in hives.

When he is around one of his allergens (dogs, cats, corn, bananas, avacado to name a few) his skin swells up, his eyes get puffy, and the skin on his ears and knuckles and ankles cracks.

I do stay pretty up to date on Facebook and my blog: www.teachinauntie.blogspot.com if you are a blog reader you should add me!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote