View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #183
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the (really big and super exciting) weekend!!!

I am back. Wanting artisan pizza, and for SOME reason perusing $1500 chandeliers online at a hoity toity store because I am highly suggestible.

My BFF has a huge Fiesta collection. Antique and recent, with a big new kitchen full of white cabinets with glass doors to show it off. Of course she also has no kids, hence all of the above.

I am going to pitch the plastic stuff and only use our Corelle when we get moved in the big house. Go buy a dozen pint and quart (and maybe half-pint, if I find the right shape) canning jars for glassware. Open up the boxes of our wedding china (which is everyday china, not fancy stuff) and see if there is enough for a dinner party or not (pretty sure not), and see if it is worth investing in making it a 12 person setting (pretty sure not, since it is discontinued and thus more expensive). Maybe supplement the Corelle with white and glass stuff from IKEA for entertaining, although I do have some white serving pieces and some cobalt blue glass entertaining pieces left from my pre-kid days.