View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #185
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the (really big and super exciting) weekend!!!

Yeah, I have IKEA withdrawal. I used to live 15 minutes from one, so I could actually go there on a whim and not buy anything any time I wanted to. Now it is an hour away, so if we come back with anything that won't fit in the back, we have to take two cars or just send DH alone to get it. And with it being that far, it is no longer necessarily cheaper to get things there with the cost of gas. That being said we bought ALL our non-bedroom curtains for the new house there and saved about $150, since they are half of what everyone else (including WM) charge for the same thing.

SPeaking of Ikea. We have a LACK end table out on our patio that has been out in the elements for nearly two years and it is still standing. I really need to take a picture of that. It was a table the cat had repeatedly peed on, that I put in the trash pile, that the movers packed anyway (while throwing away things like my breadmaker manual, but I digress ). Anyway, I was so pissed off at the movers by that point I literally threw the table outside and it just stayed there. It is amazing that it isn't just a pile of soggy sawdust.