Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Stroller or Wheelchair at Airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I'd probably drive over seven hours. You have to drive to the airport, be there at least an hour early, flight is a minimum of an hour, then however long to get off the plane and get to where you need to be... it may take about the same time with all the hassles of driving.

If you are going on a cruise, I'd bring a stroller so you can cruise the decks if you are bored or if he gets tired or you want to walk when the ship docks. Some of the ships are huge.
The airport we would probably fly out of is tiny, only open twice a week. So you park right out front and get there 30min ahead. The connection airport is HUGE. So it could take 30min to park and they recommend you get there 2 hours ahead. I'm still def thinking about it but I also really love flying out of and into tiny airports. Maybe I should find a hotel with a pool....

We are going to be staying on someones personal boat, although a cruise sounds nice To me their boat is as close to a yacht as I will ever be on but the assure me it does not nearly meat "yacht status." They would accommodate a stroller if we needed to though. it could always be tied down outside or something.

Glad to know wheelchairs are easy. I forgot about those golf cart type things you see. That would be IDEAL.

On the way back we will have a longer layover so at least I would only have to freak out once