View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
ingrid5699
Registered Users

Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of April 30th

Amy I'm sorry about your BFN

Jacqueline sorry for you too. I think you US girls should really look into doing IVF in another country. I'm always shocked how high your prices are-my IVF would cost me 2500$ out of pocket and about 700$ for the meds here in Austria-that is with assisted hatching and ICSI. Insurance pays 70% and our out of pocket is 1000$ for everything.

Doodle I think the other girls have answered your question about birth defects etc. Basically once you are pregnant you are not even high risk anymore (unless you have other things going on apart from the IF like me :P ) The multiples risk would be the biggest one but many, many clinics do single embryo transfers now and the pregnancy rate is only slightly lower with those. One thing that I I should at least mention is that IVF really takes a toll on your body and there is a very real risk of OHSS with every cycle (part of the super ovulation with IVF is making you have OHSS so mild OHSS is considered normal and to be expected!). But I'm about to do my 9th fresh cycle so take all this FWIW Bottom line is for those of us who desperately want another baby it's worth it.

Sarah sorry-hope you still get a BFP even if it's a late one. Otherwise good luck for next cycle!

Could you update me Rebecca?
Screen Name (Real Name): ingrid5699 (Ingrid)
Age (DH): 41 (ME) 37
Current Children and age: Patrick, 5 years, Aurelia 3 years
Lost Children and dates: triplets Nov. 2004, baby B May 2006, latest little angel 2'12
Diagnosis: Me: endometriosis and immunological issues, DH: male factor
Treatment and Meds: fresh IVF #9 ahead, too many meds to list
Next appointment: May 16th for baseline u/s, start stims May 19th, retrieval the last week in May
Cycles TTC another: never prevented, 3 FET failures, 1 fresh cycle failure, one m/c this time around
Ingrid, Mommy to Patrick 12'06 and Aurelia 12'08, Mommy to 6 angel babies-triplets 11'04, baby B 5'06 and our last little angel 2'12, chemical pregnancy 6'12, hoping our rainbow baby will join us in May 2013
ingrid5699 is offline   Reply With Quote