View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

problems with nursing while pregnant

I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and DD is 2 years old. I don't have much longer left so I'm trying to just tell myself that it will be better soon once my milk comes in (or once more milk comes in...I still have some left, just not much).

It has started to be very uncomfortable for me to nurse at night lately. It isn't too bad during the day because she normally nurses for such a short amount of time each time. However, she wants to nurse for a long time at night lately and it is sooooo uncomfortable. I try to just get through it but I can't last very long. Last night she nursed on and off for around 2 hours and would cry hysterically whenever I would un-latch her. I cried because I felt like such a horrible mom. I don't know what to do though. It's hurting me because there isn't much milk there and I think she's having such a hard time falling asleep because there isn't much milk there. I know that I don't have much longer before I'll have plenty of milk again, but I don't know what to do to get through the next few weeks. I don't know how to get her to sleep more quickly at night. I don't know how to get through the discomfort.

She still nurses pretty often during the day but for short amounts of time and it isn't uncomfortable for those short periods of time.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote