View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
donnyandmelissa
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you handle tantrums at 9 months old? Especially if you don't do CIO?

Yeah, I agree. As much as I love nursing my baby I don't him to think that its okay to throw a tantrum and oh its okay sweetie just nurse away. You know like a reward? I rarely can get him to nurse during the day anyway. He just nurses ALL night long keeping me up.

He threw another tantrum early & I just sat on the floor with him and he crawled into my lap & I hugged him and he got down and screamed some more and we repeated this 5 or 6 times until he was ready to be redirected and do something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
this.

the younger they understand that tantrums don't get them what they want, the better. I like redirection, sometimes. But redirection doesn't exactly teach them anything, so it just depends on the circumstances. You want to play with my phone? ooh.. look at this shiney whatever. Okay.

But tantrums? No.. they need to learn very young that tantrums do not get them shiney toys, etc.
Mommy to Kane 10, Emily 3, Avery 3 months and wife to a AWESOME husband. We're a Cloth diapering, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, extended rear facing, non vaccinating, co sleeping, delaying solids family but most importantly a New testament Christian which means we speak where the bible speaks & are silent where the bible is silent.
donnyandmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote