View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
H's mom
Registered Users
seller

Re: I NEED SLEEP!!!! How to get my 2 year old to sleep at night w/o CIO

Quote:
He wakes up screaming and crying for either paccy, blanket, drink, for me almost anything.
It sounds like there's already a lot of crying going on at night, he's been trained to cry to get something he can get himself or doesn't need. So, the way I see it, if he's going to cry, might as well be CIO so that you can put an end to the crying once and for all, no?

My 16 month old is not a very good sleeper either. He goes through frequent phases of waking up at night and refusing to be put down. From the age of 3 months to 7 months he woke up every 1.5 - 2 hours every single night. It was painfully exhausting for me. The first night we did CIO I slept like an angel because I knew I didn't have to get up. (Ach! Horrible mother I am. Call CPS stat!) Most the time I'm back to feeling sympathy for him, and that's why I get up now, but every once in awhile when I haven't slept through the night for a couple weeks, we let him cry it out and that's the only thing that gets him back to normal.

Anyways, that's our story in a nutshell. I hope if you decide to do some form of CIO that you do not feel bad about it. Parenting is full of tough choices, and when you have a difficult child it just means that you have more tough choices to make.
H's mom is offline   Reply With Quote