luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: flying with a 3mo old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn.mcc View Post
After thinking about it I don't think I'll bring the car seat. Car seat regulations in the US are so strict that I really doubt a major rental car company would have a "bad" one, I mean, define bad? It would have to comply with US regulations so I don't see a problem. Also I've never been in a rental car that wasn't clean, so I'd be shocked if the car seat wasn't clean too.
You have no idea the history of the seat. They could have washed the straps as part of the sterilizing process, which ruins them. Many people don't know that.

What are you going to do if you get there and they are giving you a seat that isn't appropriate for your baby. People have gotten to rental places before and been given a booster for a young baby. Its a "carseat."

What are you going to do if you get there and the seat is disgusting?

What are you going to do if you get there and the one they promised you is not available?

I would not use a car rental seat. Plus, they are often more expensive than just buying a $39 Scenara at Wal-mart and chucking it at the end of the trip.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote