Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers View Post
I've gained 10 so far....
Me too, I think. I haven't been to the midwife in 7 weeks but I'll be going on Monday so I'll know for sure.

I wouldn't be worried about a big jump though-- it seems like I always gain like that. Nothing for a few weeks, then several pounds in one week. Remember too, if you're only going off of a check-up weight, that we vary a LOT in one day. It depends on how much fluid you're retaining, how many salty foods you've eaten, weather you've gone to the bathroom lately, if you've just eaten... I've seen my pregnancy weight vary up to 4 pounds in a single 24-hour period.

I'm shooting for 25ish pounds again this time, which is about what I gained with #2 and #3. With #1 I gained 40, and I also started out 18 pounds heavier than I did this time, so by the end I was swollen and miserable. I definitely don't want to do that again.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote