Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama

Me too, I think. I haven't been to the midwife in 7 weeks but I'll be going on Monday so I'll know for sure.

I wouldn't be worried about a big jump though-- it seems like I always gain like that. Nothing for a few weeks, then several pounds in one week. Remember too, if you're only going off of a check-up weight, that we vary a LOT in one day. It depends on how much fluid you're retaining, how many salty foods you've eaten, weather you've gone to the bathroom lately, if you've just eaten... I've seen my pregnancy weight vary up to 4 pounds in a single 24-hour period.

I'm shooting for 25ish pounds again this time, which is about what I gained with #2 and #3. With #1 I gained 40, and I also started out 18 pounds heavier than I did this time, so by the end I was swollen and miserable. I definitely don't want to do that again.
Yeah, I've been basing my home tracking off am weight right out the shower. I've seen large daily fluctuations too!

Right now I'm up 7 on my home scale, but I'm sure it will be more at the 20w on Tuesday! I have a stable week and a gaining week alternatively it seems.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using DS Forum