View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #16
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How long to wear soft soled shoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
How are they in the width department? Tharen has the widest feet and ankles which makes it practically impossible to buy him shoes.
I'm not sure. I know both brands strive to keep an open top area to allow toe splaying, but I have narrow feet myself. Vibram has a few models designed with wider feet in mind, and the Speed (which is available in kids sizes) is one of them, but I don't know if they would be wide enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
Janine - I tried Vibram for him but you would have thought I was literally sawing off each toe putting them on. He has this weird foot thing where he doesn't like anything in between his toes and I guess the sensation is seriously sensory disrupting for him.
I think that might be somewhat common. I was really excited to see that they had kids sizes, but I worry my kids will feel the same. It took me a while to adjust to the toe thing myself, but I really wanted to so I went with it and it is great now. But I know that if I gave a pair to my daughter she probably wouldn't go for it either. I'm still considering the Vivobarefoot for her, but it will be a few years before she fits into their kids sizes.