View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
Gardyloo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HighRisk Mama Check in 5/8-5/14

Welcome Brittany! And It must be scary when your babies keep getting earlier and earlier. Do your doctors have a plan of action to keep this LO cooking?

I start my 17P shots next week. Hopefully, my side effects aren't as bad as yours, Jeanette! That sounds miserable! My biggest problem with them last time was soreness at the injection site. It was so bad sometimes that it kept me awake at night!

I had my appt with MFM this week. My cervix looks great - long (4cm) and closed. We, also, got to clearly see that we are having a little boy! Other things of note: I have an anterior placenta, which explains why I haven't felt any movement yet. Also, they noticed that the little guy has bilateral choroid plexus cysts, which are considered a soft marker for trisomy 18. However, I had the MaterniT21 test done last month, which came back negative for T13, 18, and 21. Peri said that the cysts appear in about 5% of healthy fetuses, so nothing to worry about, in her opinion. Let's hope not! I don't really need more things to worry about. I'm not going back for another cervical check until the first week of June.

QOTW: Feeling movement! I'd felt movement by this point with both my other babies. This anterior placenta thing is taking some of the joy out of my pregnancy. Feeling the baby move is one of the greatest things about being pregnant, IMO!