View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #137
brigadoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody ever feel guilty about not BF?

I did. OH did I feel guilty. Still do sometimes. I nursed my first until she was 2.5. Nursed my second til he was 14 mos and my milk dried up (bc I was pg with my third... still have twinge guilt over that too!), and this one had to start supplementing by the time she was 6 months. Was leaving an emotionally and otherwise abusive relationship while I was pregnant, so my stress levels were always through the roof, I was never in an environment that was conducive to a healthy nursing relationship; I had to work full time as a server in a high volume restaurant (no time/no place to pump), I went to school full time. Add in stress from a combative and smothering (not soon enough x)h, I just couldn't do it. I still nurse her every now and then, but it's never for nourishment, because there's never enough. It breaks my heart and I feel like I've done wrong by her. I'm trying to change my perspective, realize the reality of my situation was no where near bf friendly. I really did my best, at one point I was drinking like a gallon and a half of water and taking over 20 supplements a day. I'm trying to add this to my list of experiences with which I might be able to help support someone else's nursing relationship with their baby in the future...