View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #24
Kmccall08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hm. I wonder if we fall into 'non-traditional'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddimarie View Post
My husband and I have been married for six years. (Going on seven! makes me feel old... lol) He works in the oilfield and is gone for two to eight weeks at a time.
A few years ago, we decided it would be best to separate. I was busy with my own life... my own job... my own friends. He had his own thing going on.
We decided that it would be best to keep the house because of our furbabies. I couldn't imagine giving them away to someone and neither could he. It's not like he was home all that often anyways.
Fast forward a bit. We started dating other people. I was dating a guy and I ended up pregnant. The guy told me he wanted nothing to do with another child and offered me money to 'get rid of it'. I told him to eff off and that was the end of that.
I was well prepared to have a little person all on my own. My parents were awesome about the whole situation and told me they would be there for me no matter what. (they've been divorced since I was nine)
Since I no longer went out, I spent a lot of time at home. My husband (we were legally separated at the time but you cannot legally get a divorce in Texas while the wife is pregnant. Even if it's not the husband's) and I started spending a lot of time together too. We always got along... just grew apart.
He started going to wellness check ups with me. He was there for me when I sobbed when I found out I had to fight for my unborn child because I have an adrenal gland disorder. He was so excited when he found out he was a boy.
We fell in love all over again. This little boy changed our lives - For the better.
My husband is white. I am white. Our child is biracial.
I'm sure we get looks and we have a lot of explaining to do later on in life... but for right now, we're good.

Sorry for the long post.
I've always wondered but thought it would be rude to ask glad I found this thread and I'm glad everything worked out for you