Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
spencerrn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homebirth mama's check in?

How many births have you had?

This is birth #7

How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth?

#1 was in the hospital, induction with epidural, #2 was a homebirth frank breech. #3-6 were all homebirths.

Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods?
I have labored in the water for all of my home births but only #3 and #6 were actually born in the water. In the past, I have done Bradley classes and hypnobirthing Cds. I will probably refresh the hypnobirthing Cds but honestly I didn't really feel like it made a big difference in my coping abilities.

Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC?
#2, #3 were with CPMs, #4-#6 were with CNMs, #7 will be with CPM. I prefer a CNM but the ones I did with CPMs there were no CNMs available in the area.

Doula? other support?

I will be using a doula this time around. I have never used a paid doula in the past. I have always had experienced friends around but we are new to the area.

Vaccine/testing?

we do delayed vaccines and we do do the newborn screen. No vitamin K unless needed due to excessive bruising.

What homebirth kit/supplies will you use?
I always buy the kit the midwife requests.

What diaper will you use first? Will you EC?
I will probably use disposables until we are out of the meconium poos and then FB,BG. No EC here.
spencerrn is offline   Reply With Quote