View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May 2011 Mamas - May chat! Happy Birthday!

Julia,
Thanks for sharing your favorite blogs with me - I marked the Waldorf ones to take a look at later. The first two especially caught my eye when I opened them. I think I have some of the same hesitations as you about starting a blog of my own but part of me thinks it would be very therapeutic for me and I love the idea of being able to sort of archive our lives and sort through my thoughts. It's much quicker to type than write in a journal too.

That's cool that you are trying the no-poo. Do you just rinse it then when you're showering? I had heard some people use baking soda or something also...? Do you use anything or just water? I hope it gets past the "awkward stage." I honestly don't shower often and am all too familiar with oily hair as my hair is very thin and fine. I know some people cringe when I tell them I only shower about twice a week (my sister included) but I don't have the time and it's just not the top of my priority list. Even though I really enjoy feeling clean and having time to just stand in the water is really nice. But usually I have to get in and out so quickly it's not worth it. I only wash my face when I shower too. How is the oil cleansing making your skin feel??

Oh I'm so jealous that you're going on a real vacation with your sweet family to help with your DS! It's going to be amazing -- have fun! And good luck with all of the preparation and enjoy your time with your mama.

DD's big day is tomorrow. I have been feeling so weepy today. I think she has a cold too and last night's sleep was terrible and I woke up thinking I was breaking out in hives and have felt itchy and creepy crawly all day. Also, I am making a little Waldorf style doll for her for her birthday and it's not done yet. And it's not going to be done. I have to stitch the face, assemble the body, and make little clothes and a hat. I have all of the body parts but that's all. Sigh... she won't mind but I have to admit, I do. But I am just going to try to make her day special and have a beautiful day with my daughter. I just want to hug her and squeeze her and tell her happy birthday and be happy with her. She's such a joy and I really want to focus on her and all that she brings to my world and our family.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.