View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM   #18
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn has Acid Reflux - NEED HELP MAMAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smapple View Post
UPDATE 7/30/07

Hannah is doing great. She has not had any reflux for 4 days now! We have even stopped the Zantac. I did not believe the Zantac was doing her any good, and I had just scheduled her a follow-up appointment with her doctor, and she started doing better!

I believe her reflux was all caused by my diet. I started keeping track of what I was eating and when she had reflux. I've eliminated several foods, but since cutting them out of my diet, she has not had any reflux!

She has a sensitivity to milk protein, pineapple, strawberries, tomatoes, chocolate (and caffeine), and any other citrus or acidic or spicy or fried foods. I have also been avoiding soy, just to play it safe (haven't had it enough to know if it is a problem food for her). It's been a challenge to figure out what things affect her, and also to figure out what I can eat without any milk products in it but it has been worth it!
Im glad to hear she is doing better. Ds was on Zantac when that ddint work they put him on prlosect (sp?) that was costing us over 100 dollars a month. When all of the sudden he had a severe allergic reaction and we found out his reflux was due to his allergies and what I was eating. No wheat, dairy, peanut or fish for me. You might want to have a blood allergy test done so that they can put it in her medical records and so you know if there is anything else I love hearing about moms doing hard things for their little ones (like giving up chocolate) If you need any help finiding things dairy free let me know I have lots of suggestions (things that have worked for us)
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote