View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gahh!! This is why so many cloth newbies have laundry issues!

I'm a fan of many cloth stores on Facebook. A store re-posted a mama's post on their page asking for laundry help. She had stink and ammonia and stripping hadn't helped. You'll never guess what detergent she was using. Are you ready? Yep! You guessed it! Rockin Green! People are suggesting she strip with something else or try Charlie's or Allen's and one mom chimed in that too MUCH detergent causes stink so try less (she uses half a tbsp). People posted long, complicated wash routines with tons of rinses. I just want to shout "IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE SO HARD!!!" Luckily, many recommended Tide so hopefully the mama will go for that (or another detergent that actually works). I just get so frustrated by all the incorrect information floating around. The store owner recommended another RnG product (ya know, since it's working so well for this mom so far) and cautioned that using Tide will void warranties. I feel like store owners should be willing to offer the best advice to mamas, even if it means they lose a detergent customer. By all means, warn about the warranty, but be willing to admit that Tide works for most people and very well could solve the issue. End rant.