View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you decide who would get your kids if something happened to you?

We don't have many options. Basically, it's either his parents or mine. They go to my mom and step-father. We have no siblings who are suitable. My parents are much younger than my husband's parents and we believe they would do a better job raising our children with the values we want. His parents also have made it clear they would NEVER have as many children as we do. There are other things too. It just wouldn't be a good situation.

We do not feel my parents are ideal because of my step-father. (His children were raised very differently than my sister and I and than we would like our children.) However, he does love my kids and ultimately, my mom would have most of the say in the important things. My mom, I have no issues with at all and would be happy to have her raise my children if we could not do it. But, I would prefer if I had a sister or something who would take them simply due to age and life stage. Mine sister can't because of disabilities. His brother can't because they have their own who BIL doesn't even like. ( Long story, different thread.) Husband's sister is way too different from us, completely opposite beliefs and values. I know my mom and step-father love my kids AND they would actually want them.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 05-29-2012 at 01:12 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote