TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Planet or Ecos Detergent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyCaroline View Post
Please move this if I put it in the wrong place... I wasn't too sure.

Anyhoo! I want to use a detergent that can be used on both my regular laundry, AND cloth diapers, without costing a fortune! Something that can be bought at my local store.... I have looked at a couple different detergent lists, and these two seem to have gotten the best ratings! They both are reasonably priced, and I can get both of them at my grocery store near my house....

Which one would you use out of these two options?
Its ok to post this here, mama. You'll probably still get some responses either way, but you may get more of them under Diaper Chatter - Q&A.

I have used both of these - Planet Liquid 2X for about 6 months, and Ecos currently. I thought the Planet was doing a good job, until we started using the Ecos. They both work ok, but I think Ecos ha s slight advantage in both effectiveness and price. With both detergents, I have found that if I have a SUPER stinky dipe, or some of DH's running (sweaty) shirts, I may have to run those particular items through an extra wash. You'll need to pre-treat stains with a little detergent to make sure they come out. But, for the most part, I prefer Ecos.
I called the company for some samples, and they stuck some coupons in there. Also, you can usually find Ecos at a better price. Walgreens.com had the big bottle for $7.99 a couple of weeks ago!
A lot of families just use original Tide with great results, and we used Arm & Hammer F&C for a while, and it was fine, too.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote