TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Re: Planet or Ecos Detergent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyCaroline View Post
Good to know, I will post this over there as well, thanks!

So all in all, I should prob use Ecos? I have moderately hard water, so I have to keep that in mind... Also, when I was CD my DD, I would rinse out her poopy diapers. Most of the time, I left her pee diapers as is, and just tossed them in the pail. But the poopy ones got a good rinsing right away, and we never had stink issues. lol For the next babe, I plan to use flats, prefolds and fitteds, so washing will be MUCH easier. I can't do pockets or AIO's, because pockets didn't fit DD - they always drooped; and AIOs are my enemy with washing. lol

Also, can I use ANY Ecos, or does it have to be the F&C one?
Yep - I use the diaper sprayer on the poopy ones, and don't usually have a problem. I think I had to run one in an extra load once so far, but I have a standard toploader now, too, and that may make a difference. I don't bother rinsing the peepee ones. Even with older toddler pee, we don't seem to need to. I do still do a cold pre-rinse with a little detergent (below line 1), then a warm main cycle (detergent between line 1 and 2), that includes a cold final rinse. I do also pre-soak the dipes from time to time, just to make sure everything is getting loosened up and washed out.
Not sure if you can use the scented Ecos with the dipes. At this point, we have to use F&C because my skin can't handle fragrance of any kind.
TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote