View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
firsttimejoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Am I setting myself up for failure??

I am lucky enough to work in my family business and have job security, but unlike popular belief, the fact that I work with my mom is not all roses and rainbows. She own a property management/investment firm which includes apartments and single family homes. Together there is about 150 units total. I am a property manager/personal assistant full time. I also have a part time online job which I do on my own time, very flexible but still takes up an hour or two a day. AND currently I am enrolled in school full time. Needless to say my days are pretty full and since this will be my first LO right now I manage pretty well. Once LO arrives, I will take a week or two off from my office job then I will be able to bring him with me to the office. We dont get alot of foot traffic so this is a luxury I am very thankful for. I also do not plan to take any time off from school, but LO is due on the first day of the the fall semester so that is still to be determined.
My mom thinks I should take the fall semester off so I wont be overwhelmed but if I do it is going to set me way behind as I am scheduled to start the LVN program and if I dont I wont be able to until the following fall. I keep telling her and everyone that I will be fine and I can handle it becuase DH is being very supportive but my question is, IS this really feasable?? Or am I setting myself up for failure?? I would like to know if anyone else had done something similar or if I should listen to my mom. TIA
firsttimejoy is offline   Reply With Quote