View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #17
psylion's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,565
I would go with the marriage and family therapist they get way more training in actually counseling than social workers do. Family therapy would be the mot beneficial for your situation as well, which an MFT/MFCC will definitely have training in. I have worked with Licensed Clinical Social Workers who were incredible therapists though so don't completely discount anyone until you've talked to them about their style, training, experience etc
Alanna is Mama to DD Sequoia (8/8/07), DS Callum (12/12/12) DKitties Syd & Emily (4/4/03)
psylion is offline   Reply With Quote