View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #13
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need opionions on a letter to my employer.

I guess I'm just out in left field here. Maybe I don't fully understand how your job works, but after reading it, I still don't understand why you can't go over 2x's while he works won't work with only 4hrs to work with. Does it make it not worth your time? Is there not actually enough time? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't understand. However, I am NOT suggesting that you are being difficult or should be willing to go 2x's, just that I don't understand based on the wording of the letter. Hopefully, that makes sense.

I would also change the wording in the last paragraph which says, "Thank you for the wonderful blessing of allowing me to be part of Betty's life, she is so sweet most of the time and I just love her to pieces." I would take out "most of the time." I'm sure she can be difficult at times, but I think that goes without saying due to her illness. When you said "most of the time," all I read was, "she isn't sweet and is difficult sometimes." I'm sure that is true, but I feel like there is no need to call attention to it and it may strike him the wrong way. No need to point at the negative in this letter.

And one more thing, if you are wanting him to help you find the sub or for him to find it himself, I think you need to spell that out exactly since he is used to you doing it. Say something like, "Please start looking for someone sooner rather than later because I would hate for you to be left scrambling at the last minute." You say that you would hate for you (you, not him) to be scrambling. To me, that implies that you are ultimately responsible for finding someone like you have in the past. If you don't want to be then, you should spell it out in a nice way. "I know I normally find a substitute for you and I will try to help, but ultimately it is your responsibility to make sure she is covered because this leave is not optional." My wording may not be best, but you need to make it clear he needs to step up.

Hopefully none of that came across harshly. It wasn't meant to at all, but I can come across blunt without meaning to. If you don't like my suggestions, please feel free to disregard. These are only my thoughts and ideas.

Good luck! I hope you (and he) have an easier time finding someone than you think you will!!

ETA - I see someone else said the most of the time thing while I was posting.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 06-04-2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typos as usual
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote