Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Who Has Started Their Stash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzerin View Post
For the veterans in the group, did you meet any resistance from DH or family members? I mentioned it to DH last week and he thinks I'm crazy. Any tips on convincing non-believers in your life?
With DD#2 I CDed from birth and MIL had bought Pampers (the new kind when they first switched and had all the chemical burning issues) even though she knew I was going to CD. Needless to say, those diapers got donated Hubby said he was against CDing, even though we CDed DD#1 from about 6-18 months so DD#2 is a little over 18 months old and he has never changed her diaper or washed them (which washing isn't a big deal). This next one will be CDed from birth and I don't expect him to do any diapers... although maybe he'll decided to help out since we will have 2 in diapers most likely... a girl can hope right?

As for the rest of family, some have (DH's side) said I was "crazy" and how "I couldn't do that" but my side knows to just keep their mouths shut, they know it's not their child so they don't have a say. My grandma will and has changed my DD's CDs with no issues nor has any other family member. I think the biggest thing I said when DD#2 was a newbie was about all the chemical burns babies were getting from the disposables, they changed their tune pretty fast. But then again, with DD#2 I home birthed so I was "hippie" enough for them to not question the cloth. (sorry for the long response)

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote