View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
csdance99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Oxnard/Ventura anyone?

I live in Thousand Oaks, Ca (ventura county) and I am originally from Santa Barbara. Here are some great sites for you to check out the calendar while you are here in Ventura.

Ventura Parentclick

also

Conejo Valley Guide

Local favorites for us are an Air Show in Camarillo, Camarillo Outlets, Sky High in Camarillo. Flying kites and getting ice cream at the Ventura Harbor Village (there is a kite store that can even sell you a kite perfect for your 2 yr old, at least my boy loves his). Gull Wings Children's Museum in Oxnard. The Discovery Zone in Thousand Oaks has an ongoing kiosk while they are currently under construction. The TO Mall is a great place for shopping if you want to be in some A/C. There is also miniature Golfing at Gulf and Stuff in Ventura. Not sure, but the Ventura County Fair may also be going on. That is always a fun (yet pricey) place to visit.

Our favorite smoothie place is Blenders in the Grass

If you can get some time away just you and hubby, Ventura Comedy Club and Brophy Bro in the Ventura Harbor are pretty awesome places to hang.

So many great parks to visit, in your area specifically visit
Oxnard Beach Park in Oxnard or the Marina Park in Ventura. Both are right next to the beach.

In Ventura there is a public pool and water park that is pretty inexpensive to get into called the Ventura Aquatic Center. Also in Ojai at Lake Casitas there is another awesome water adventure

There is some excellent hiking in Santa Barbara and throughout the Santa Monica Mountains. If anything just go for the day and hang out downtown. On Sunday SB has their Art Walk on the Beach, breakfast at Sambos on Cabrillo Blvd is always nice too.

If you are feeling adventurous and want to head south into Los Angeles, you can't go wrong at the California Science Center and Butterfly Pavillion across from USC, make sure you get your Butterfly Pavillion tickets early to reserve a time during the day. My kids love going there. Or Kids Space Children's Museum in Pasadena. Also my kids love walking down Universal City Walk, especially in the late afternoon early evening. As it gets dark all of their lights go on and they have been having live music from 7-10 i think. Anyway, our kids love it. We usually get dinner and stop for dessert somewhere while we visit. It is always cool to visit Leo Carrillo State Beach at low tide (I think this is actually Ventura County). Leo Carrillo has tons of caves and some excellent tide pools. Gorgeous sunsets too.

I would have posted you more links but the forum keeps rejecting my post. You should be able to Google most of these and they will pop right up.
Happy Travels!!!
csdance99 is offline   Reply With Quote