Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VBAC questions - several

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
Sorry, that's what I meant. Decision to baby out. It's really amazing to watch, if you ever get the chance, but of course it's really scary. I'm surprised the OBs don't cut themselves, but I guess that's why residency is so rigorous!
Yeah it wasn't a resident who cut me, lol. They have to learn but they can do the cutting on the non-emergency sections. A resident dictated my op report though.

I "watched" what I could for the minute or so before I went under. Felt like there were 20 people in the operating room. I felt myself being "trimmed" lol, felt the catheter, took the mask off briefly to tell them that baby was head-down and I wanted a low incision (which they did) and a double-layer closure (which they did not do). But it was weird to have so much stuff done to me, by so many different people, so fast. Didn't seem like there would be enough room for all those people.

I wasn't even in any condition to help transfer myself from the hospital bed to the OR table. I'd lost too much blood and was super weak.

But anyway. I'm hoping that if I have to have another c-section in the future (and I'm hoping to NOT have one) that it's not an emergency. But having been through one before, I feel like I know what to ask for, for next time. It's a bigger picture than just the type of incision.

/hijack
Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, charting, sewing and authoring mama of L, B, ^i^ J, J, and #5 due in November!
I'm an Independent Younique Presenter. Come see natural-based skin care and 3D Fiber Lash mascara!
Join my team. Get paid daily, starting as soon as 24 hours after sign-up!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote