View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ** May 2011 Mamas - June Chat**

Justine - I'm excited to read more of your blog! Love your son's hair! I'd love to have a blog, but I really don't know what I'd put. I guess I could do one without pics of the family, because I'm just not comfortable with that. I don't really want to get super personal, which doesn't lend itself well to a blog! Haha. But, I did go to school for creative writing and I MISS that side of myself. The writing side. I write for work on our blog there, but other than that not much.

Yeah, DS follows me around. It drives me crazy. We have a few drawers in the kitchen that are safe and I can open and he pulls everything out and stacks up. Basically plastic utensils and tupperware. That seems to keep his interest. Just ordered playstands from here: http://www.willowtoys.com/catalog.ph...3Fcategory%3D3 They're having a good sale so I took advantage! Got the playsilk canopy and clips too. I'm excited to have a place for me to put all of DS's toys instead of having little bits scattered all around. Plus it will grow with him.

Oh boy, Justine, I know what you mean about that stupid throat tickle when you have a cold. I just got over one and it would flare up when I was trying to put DS to sleep. So I'd be standing over his crib eyes watering so I wouldn't cough and wake him up!

Looking at that felt now. GORGEOUS. Prices are good too! I'm thinking I'll do embroidery. I'd like to start an etsy shop to sell SOMETHING - either DH needs to make more or I do because the more I look at public schools here, the more I really need DS to go to Waldorf. And I just don't think I'm cut out for homeschooling.

That's about it. DS had portraits today (we have a family plan given as a gift, I'd never spend the money on it...) Most of them were terrible, lol. His hair is all shaggy and he was confused by the flashes. We got a few though. Nice to have for memories. OH and today I got him to take a step by himself!!!! He was holding onto the couch with one hand and I sort of egged him on and he let go, stood for a few seconds, then took a step towards me.

He is currently screaming at me at the top of his lungs. I don't know what to do. I ignore it, but he just keeps going. This too shall pass (hopefully!)
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote