Thread: Zofran
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Zofran

I have had HG with all my pregnancies & have had to take both Zofran & Phenergan almost the entire time. I'm not really sure that it is the Zofran causing digestive issues or just the HG itself....I know many times I have eaten or drank just a teeny bit only to feel miserable for hours & not have any relief until I would finally throw up I know sometimes adding a motility medication like Reglan helps with that, but I can't remember how early they will add that type of medication. Zofran can cause terrible constipation for sure, but there are things that are safe in pregnancy that you can use to help that....fiber supplements, milk of magnesia, glycerin suppositories....even an enema as a last resort, although hopefully the other things work first as I almost died when my midwife suggested that lol. How much Zofran are you taking & in what form ODT or pills? Sometimes taking half a dose more frequently or in a different form will help minimize the side effects. Could you possibly already be dehydrated

Thanks for the ideas on helping the Zofran side effects. I am taking 4mg in a pill.

Don't think I am too dehydrated...but it is HOT and my fluid intake is no doubt less, so I will try and get some more in if I can!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote