View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How specific are you with wish lists for the kids??

The only clothes I ask for are pjs, I figure those work either way. My kids are long & skinny and the ILs only shop bargain racks - ie no slims/adjustable waist available - so it's not worth the hassle of just hoping to return stuff that won't work or fit (I'm not making a trip to the mall to return pants that cost $1.49, I just end up donating everything). So, I end up spending money on clothes and have them buy games, books, toys, craft stuff, etc because I can just make an easy Amazon list for them to buy from (of course, MIL won't actually buy off the list, just buys the stuff, then it doesn't get marked and we end up with doubles - I've started asking her a few weeks before holiday/birthday to tell me what she bought so I can take care of it).

Oh, other lesson learned, if there is ONE THING the kid wants, don't put that important item on the list. One year, MIL didn't bother to buy it, this year she wanted him to open it at her house (a whole other HUGE issues as to why she couldn't come to ours, 15 minutes away), so on Christmas morning, the one thing he had wanted for a year (a DS) wasn't under the tree. We basically had to tell him that it was at the grandparents house - DH said never again will we do that to our kid if it's something we have the means to provide.