View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Toddler behavior chart?

My daughter will be two in a little over a month. I also have a 4 week old daughter. Since the baby came home dd1 has been a little bit more defiant and whiny. I know, totally normal and expected, but now that it's been four weeks since the baby came home I'd like to somehow address her behavior. Every day that she whines and doesn't listen I end up getting very frustrated with her and that is getting us nowhere.
I was thinking of trying to make a simple behavior chart. Something like- she gets a sticker for listening and having a good attitude and once she gets so many stickers we can do something fun (bake cookies, go out for ice cream, something pretty simple). Do you think she's old enough for something like that? If so, any ideas on how to do it?
Also thinking of making a time out stool. Not to send her to because she's "being bad", but somewhere she can go to cool off if she's just whining and getting frustrated. Thoughts? Are these reasonable ideas for an almost two year old? Or if you have better suggestions I'd love to hear them!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote