View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Toddler at an air show? I have never been to one

DS is 22 months, very outgoing and an outdoorsy kid. He loves airplane watching in the sky (we see quite a few at varying heights going over the backyard every day, we seem to live under a common flight path or something...). Of course, these planes, even when "lower" than normal cruising altitude, are much higher than at an air show.

I posed this question to my FB friends and family and only got a handful of replies consisiting of, he'll be bored (no he won't, he loves going to outdoor things even if not "kid friendly" and not much for kids to "do") to "it's dangerous, planes crash at those things" (I think this is actually really rare, and there has never been a crash at the show we are looking at going to this weekend) and finally to just go sit nearby and watch but not actually at the show (he definitely won't go for this, he would be very bored, though it is a good money saver idea for older kids).

My number one concern is the NOISE and that it will be damaging to his ears. We do have ear protection for DS but I very very highly doubt we'll be able to keep it on him.

Is this just a bad idea all around?
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote