5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Re: Toddler undressing in public

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
That was suggested for my LO! It's a great idea, but it didn't work for me, I'm hoping it works for you! If you couldn't tell from the post, we haven't been able to find a solution. I've noticed everyone thinks it's so funny and gets a big kick out of it....until you go to wrangling clothes back on a child who is now screaming and flailing in the floor, at which point everyone acts like you're invisible. My LO learned how to take the swimsuit off pretty quickly and she seems to want to strip even more frequently in tighter fitting clothes. One thing I would start with for you since it seems to be mainly shirts is cutting out tags. Maybe they bother her? And of course make sure it's not an itchy material. Maybe letting her pick her own shirt would help because it would feel more special? Anyway, obviously I don't have the hard and fast answers since I can't keep my own child dressed....but better luck to you.
I've actually never considered letting her pick out her own clothes. That is a great idea. I guess I just assumed she was too young for that. But she sure has an opinion on everything else, so I don't see why she couldn't! Good news is she kept her clothes on today. It was capri leggings and a tighter fitting tank top. Come to think of it, I don't think she likes loose/flowy things. I think I will let her pick her clothes, see if that works. Then try the bathing suit idea. GL to you too!