View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: Who here has gone through IVF? May I pick your brains?

1. What side effects did you have from the medications? How soon did they start/ how long did they last? I started the Gonal-F, I noticed my teeth were very sensitive to liquids and heat/cold. A few days after I stopped the Gonal-F, my teeth went back to normal. I was also very tired- I just wanted to nap all day and was hormonal. There was water weight gain too.

2. How many eggs did you retrieve? How many made it to the freeze? Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 survived. Transferred two and froze the remaining three.

3. How many did you implant? How did you decide how many to do? We transferred two Grade 1 expanding blasts. We were open to the possibility of twins, so transferred two. If we really only wanted a singleton, we would have transferred one and froze the rest.

4. What did you do with leftover fertilized eggs if any? We went back for them all. If we had ended up with an outrageous number, we would have adopted them out to other infertile couples.

5. Was the procedure successful for you? If not, do you have any solid answers or thoughts as to why not? Our fresh IVF was successful. Our FET was not- but I think that's because our clinic still uses cryopreservation rather than vitrification

6. What was the egg retrieval like for you? Did you take off work...how much? It was fine- our clinic did general anesthesia and I think stateside clinics like to use twilight. I was sore that day and rested the next. But if you have an office job, I could see going into work the next day as long as you didn't overstim

7. What was the actual procedure like for you? Did you take off work...how much? The transfer was fine. I did get a diazapam pill to keep me relaxed during the transfer. I rested in the recovery room for 4 hours and did 2 days of bed rest. Maybe a little extreme, but I wasn't taking any chances.

8. Any issues/problems/lingering side effects during the 2 week wait? When were you told you could test? When did you get your positive? No issues from the IVF itself. I was just tired from the progesterone. I tested the trigger out, so I think I got my true + at 11dpo, with twins.

Good luck!!!