Old 06-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #18
nbert921
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did you know you wanted 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
I waited until it was even possible and really sat back and looked at our life. Could we AFFORD it (I'm sorry, I'm not on the have as many kids as possible, God will provide, frame of mind) I CAME from a very poor home. And it was NOT happy just on love, lol. So when DH got promoted and we got some more cushion, we said lets do it! ultimately I might like 4, but again, my kids WILL NOT live like I did, so finances play a part. We do not get any kind of aid. Gotta make it on our own

I'd have 10 if I could afford them! LOL
This is exactly how i feel. I don't want my kids to want for anything. I know that money is not the key to happiness, but i don't want to stress about it at all. My husband and i have been through some very hard times with just the two of us and it put a lot of stress on us. I just never want to feel that way with my kids.

On another note, i am one of 3 (older brother, twin sister) and it's almost like it's jsut me and my sister. He is only 2 1/2 years older than us, but he's so different from us that we just aren't close and really never have been. I guess we'll see what the future holds. I definitely don't think we'll have 4-just because my dh is older and so 4 would put him later than he'd like in life to have kids (which i totally respect). So 3 would be max...we'll see i guess.