View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Facing my second breech c-section :( Help me with my birth plan.

So despite my plan of a VBAC, I am coming to terms with the fact that I have my second breech baby. I am 35 weeks now. I have done everything to turn her (as I did with my last baby - and nothing worked with him either) including breech tilts, chiropractic care, inversions, hypnosis, seaweed supplementation, cranial-sacral therapy, moxibustion and acupuncture. I am continuing to try all the things I know of to turn her, and I have cried a thousand tears over this but I'm coming to the realization that this is how my birth is likely to go.

Writing my birth plan is step one. Soooo....

Am I missing anything? Any ideas for mom's postpartum care? TIA.

Birth Plan for Briar Rose Edwards
Parents: Alissa and Jared Edwards
Date of Delivery: Tuesday, July 24 at 7:30 a.m.
Obstetrician: Michael Williams, M.D.

This birth plan is intended to express the preference and desires we have for the birth of our baby during a planned cesarean. It is not intended to be a script. We fully realize that situations may arise such that our plan cannot and should not be followed. However, we hope that barring any extenuating circumstances, you will be able to keep us informed and aware of our options. Thank you.

Before Surgery
• I would like an ultrasound performed prior to surgery to confirm that my baby is still in the breech position.

During Surgery
• I prefer epidural anesthesia.
• I would like the catheter put in place after anesthesia has taken effect.
• I would like my husband, Jared, present with me at all times.
• I DO NOT want my arms restricted.
• I would like a double-layer uterine closure.
• I would like my baby to stay in the operating room with us until we’re both able to be brought to recovery together.
• Please allow the cord to stop pulsing before clamping or cutting it.
• I prefer dissolvable stitches and steri-strips be used as opposed to staples.

Immediately Following Surgery/Recovery
• I would like to nurse the baby as soon as possible in recovery.
• I would like my baby and I to be brought to recovery together.
• I DO NOT want my baby bathed.
• I DO NOT want colloidal silver or Erythromycin applied to my baby’s eyes following birth.
• I DO NOT want the Vitamin K shot administered to my baby unless the birth is deemed to be traumatic, in which case I should be consulted first.
• I DO NOT consent to any vaccines of any kind being administered to my baby.

Postpartum Care for Mom
• I would like all IVs removed as soon as is reasonably possible.
• I would like the catheter to be removed as soon as I am able to walk/use the bathroom on my own.
• I would like to be switched to oral pain medication as soon as possible after birth. I would like to be awakened to receive timely doses rather than having to request pain medication.

Postpartum Baby Care
• I would like my baby to room in with me at all times. My mom will be staying with me in the hospital to assist me with breastfeeding, changing, etc.
• I am exclusively breastfeeding. Please do not give my baby any pacifiers, bottles or artificial nipples of any kind, at any time.
• I DO NOT consent to the baby being removed from my presence at any time. If the baby must go to the NICU or elsewhere for an exam or other procedure, my husband, myself or another person I will assign will accompany the baby at all times.
• I DO NOT consent to ANY vaccines of any kind.
• I DO NOT consent to an X-ray or MRI of any kind.

Last edited by Riverdavidsmama; 06-25-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Riverdavidsmama is offline   Reply With Quote