View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
stlittleton
Registered Users

Re: Junebugs chat June 24-30th

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
It has definitely been quieter here! So sorry for all you mamas still waiting. Now that it's hitting 100 everyday I can't imagine still being pregnant right now. Can't believe my due date still wouldn't have been for 3 more days.

I've been struggling quite a bit, emotionally, with how Emmanuel's birth happened, him coming 3 weeks early, being first time parents, and, omg, the power struggles with MIL over the baby I did NOT expect.

At his 2 week appointment Emmanuel still hadn't gotten back to his birth weight so the pedi wants me to go to a lactation consultant. I know it's terrible and I'm a terrible mom but I don't want to go. I have seen more LCs than I have fingers on one hand since his birth, all at my request, because I wanted to make sure I was doing things right. My experience has been that all of it is just guess work and none of them know what they're talking about.

I've started giving him bottles (ebm) about 30% of the time just to know he's eating X amount. I don't feel good about it and I'm worried about it causing supply issues. We have another appointment to check his weight again this Thursday, hopefully the bottles and more time will have made a difference.
I know how you're feeling. I feel like i didn't get the right support when I was in the hospital. They didn't even send in a lactation consultant when I was there, but I had probably like 8 different nurses try to help in the day and a half after he was born. All of whom made it worse, and we struggled even more. He was crying so hard and nothing I tried would console him, finally a doctor suggested we supplement. I wanted to try to pump while I was there, but was too timid to say anything which I totally regret now.. We're still trying to get him to the breast but he just isn't getting it. It's really upsetting. I feel so bad, because part of me just wants to give up.. :/
stlittleton is offline   Reply With Quote